The Phyllis Wristlet

This pattern came about fairly spontaneously! My sweet friend, Ashley, had been seeking a certain pattern for arm warmers.  When none were found, I decided to try my hand at writing up a pattern for her.  Thus, this was named after her Aunty, Phyllis.
The Phyllis Wristlet is intended to be a simple and quick knit. It is great for new knitters who desire to create a gift worthy project.
Knit flat and boasts a beautiful mock cable. I hope you enjoy this as much as we have.  Please share your finished projects with us here or on Ravelry! 





Size: One Size Fits All
Materials:
Yarn- Any worsted weight.  I used "I Love This Yarn" in Ivory (100 or so yards)
Needles- US 8 (5.0 mm)
Yarn Needle-to sew up the side seam

Abbreviations:
k-knit stitch
p-purl stitch
sl- slip stitch (slip purlwise with working yarn in back)
psso- pass slipped stitch over
yrn- yarn round needle (do as you would for a yarn over but bring the working yarn back to the front of your work to purl)
rs- right side
ws- wrong side

Pattern:

Cast On 32 stitches using the Long Tail Cast On.  
Row 1-8: k1,p1 (this creates the cuff) 
Row 9 (rs): P2, *sl 1 purlwise, k2, psso, p2; rep from * to end. (you have 26 sts on needle)
Row 10 (ws): K2, *p1, yrn, p1, k2; rep from * to end.  (you have 32 sts on needle)
Row 11: P2, *k3, p2; rep from * to end. (you have 32 sts on needle)
Row 12: K2, *p3, k2; rep from * to end. (you have 32 sts on needle)
Row 13-24: repeat rows 9-12 (ending on right side)

****To make a longer version: knit several more inches of the mock cable pattern: rows 9-24.***

Row 25-30: k1,p1  (your wristlet should measure 4"x4")
Bind Off using your favorite stretchy bind off.  
Tip: I bind off in ribbing.  Knitting all stitches during the bind off will make it less stretchy.

Once you have finished your bind off, weave in any loose ends.  Turn work inside out and use a yarn needle to sew up the side leaving room for the thumb.  I leave about 1.3"x 1.5" opening for thumb. I prefer to use the mattress stitch for seaming my knit work. 
(Sew up top, leave space for thumb, then sew up bottom.) 
Now, knit the second wristlet and you'll have a sweet and simple set ready for wearing! 

****UPDATE***

August 28th, 2018
I just paid a little visit to my friend Ashley! She wanted to show me her finished product!  As you remember, these were for her Aunt Phyllis! I took some pics for the blog because I like things to come full circle! 


Helpful links:
Long Tail Cast On: https://youtu.be/SXA3gBNiSiM
Eyelet Mock Cable Stitch: https://youtu.be/hz9GZXeyo9U
Binding Off In Ribbing: https://youtu.be/ObMG_EVAnas
Seaming by Mattress Stitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8CVCY_8KpE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Avonlea Skirt

The Adeline Slouchy (a beehive beanie)